Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Perforated, as in the manner of a sieve.
- the cribriform plate of the ethmoid bone; a cribriform compress
- 1876, Edward Roth (translator), Jules Verne (author), All Around the Moon, ch. 11:
- "To conclude this portion of our investigation therefore," cried Barbican, clearing his throat, and occupying Aldan's right ear,—"the Moon's surface is a honey combed, perforated, punctured—"
- "A fistulous, a rugose, salebrous,—" cut in the Captain, close on the left.
- —"And highly cribriform superficies—" cried Barbican.
- —"A sieve, a riddle, a colander—" shouted the Captain.