Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the participle of the obsolete Catalan verb croar (“to cross”).
croat m (plural croats)
- (historical, military) Crusader (a Christian warrior who went on a crusade)
- (obsolete but later revived) crusader (anyone engaged in a concerted effort to do good)
- (historical, numismatics) A silver coin of the County of Barcelona minted from 1285 to 1706 and worth 12 diners, so named on account of the large cross on the reverse.
- croada (“crusade”)
- Croatian (pertaining to Croatia, to the Croatian people, or to the Croatian language)
- Croat (an inhabitant of Croatia or an ethnic Croat)
- Croàcia (“Croatia”)
- Croatian (a Slavic language of the Balkans)