Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
depot (plural depots)
- A storage facility, in particular, a warehouse.
2013 May-June, Charles T. Ambrose, “Alzheimer’s Disease”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 200:
- Similar studies of rats have employed four different intracranial resorbable, slow sustained release systems—surgical foam, a thermal gel depot, a microcapsule or biodegradable polymer beads.
- (US) A bus or railway station.
- A place where military recruits are assembled before being sent to active units.
- (card games) The tableau; the area where cards can be arranged in solitaire or patience games.
a warehouse or similar storage facility
a bus or railway station
a place where military recruits are assembled before being sent to active units
- Hyphenation: de‧pot