Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Separate; distinct; individual; non-continuous.
- That can be perceived individually and not as connected to, or part of something else.
- (electrical engineering) Having separate electronic components, such as individual resistors and inductors — the opposite of integrated circuitry.
- (audio engineering) Having separate and independent channels of audio, as opposed to multiplexed stereo or quadraphonic, or other multi-channel sound.
- (topology) Having each singleton subset open: said of a topological space or a topology.
- disjunctive; containing a disjunctive or discretive clause
- "I resign my life, but not my honour" is a discrete proposition.
- Often confused with discreet.
Separate; distinct; individual
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- feminine plural of discreto
- vocative masculine singular of discrētus
- IPA: [disˈkre.te]