Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Adjective and noun):
separate (not comparable)
- Apart from (the rest); not connected to or attached to (anything else).
- This chair can be disassembled into five separate pieces.
- (followed by “from”) Not together (with); not united (to).
- I try to keep my personal life separate from work.
apart from; not connected to
followed by "from": not together with
- (transitive) To divide (a thing) into separate parts.
- Separate the articles from the headings.
- (transitive) To cause (things or people) to be separate.
- If the kids get too noisy, separate them for a few minutes.
- (intransitive) To divide itself into separate pieces or substances.
- The sauce will separate if you don't keep stirring.
divide (a thing) into separate parts
cause (things or people) to be separate
divide itself into separate pieces or substances
separate (plural separates)
- (usually in the plural) Anything that is sold by itself, especially an article of clothing.
Usage notes 
- The spelling is separate. *Seperate is a common misspelling.
- inflected form of separat
Verb form 
- second-person plural indicative present of separare
- second-person plural imperative of separare
- second-person plural present active imperative of sēparō