Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To divide into portions and dispense.
- He distributed the bread amongst his followers.
- (transitive) To supply to retail outlets.
- The agency distributes newspapers to local shops.
- (transitive) To deliver or pass out.
- A network of children distributes flyers to every house.
- (transitive) To scatter or spread.
- I raked the soil then distributed grass seed.
- (transitive) To apportion (more or less evenly).
- The robot's six legs distributed its weight over a wide area.
- (transitive) To classify or separate into categories.
- The database distributed verbs into transitive and intransitive segments.
- (intransitive, mathematics) To be distributive.
to divide into portions and dispense
to supply to retail outlets
to deliver or pass out
to scatter or spread
to classify or separate into categories
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- distribute in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- distribute in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, 1st edition. (Oxford University Press)