Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- delivre (archaic)
- To set free.
- deliver a captive from the prison
- To give birth.
- she delivered a baby boy yesterday
- To assist in the birth of.
- the doctor delivered the baby
- To bring or transport something to its destination.
- deliver a package, deliver the mail
- To hand over or surrender (someone or something) to another.
- deliver the thief to the police
- To express in words, declare, or utter.
- deliver a speech
- 2012 May 27, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “New Kid On The Block” (season 4, episode 8; originally aired 11/12/1992)”, The Onion AV Club:
- It’s a lovely sequence cut too short because the show seems afraid to give itself over to romance and whimsy and wistfulness when it has wedgie jokes to deliver.
assist in giving birth
bring or transport something to its destination
hand over or surrender
express in words
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked