Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To free; to release from restraint or bondage; to set at liberty; to manumit; to disengage.
- to liberate a slave or prisoner
- to liberate the mind from prejudice
- to liberate gases
- (transitive, euphemistic) To steal or abscond with (something).
- The neighbor's garden gnome is so ugly, I'm tempted to liberate it for them.
Related terms 
- liberate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- liberate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- second-person plural present active imperative of līberō
- vocative masculine singular of līberātus