From Old French solucion (French: solution).
Wikipedia solution (plural solutions)
- A homogeneous mixture, which may be liquid, gas or solid, formed by dissolving one or more substances.
- An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
- The answer to a problem.
- 1905, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, chapter 5, The Hocussing of Cigarette:
- Then I had a good think on the subject of the hocussing of Cigarette, and I was reluctantly bound to admit that once again the man in the corner had found the only possible solution to the mystery.
- (marketing buzzword) A product, service or suite thereof.
- (law) Satisfaction of a claim or debt.
An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
answer to a problem (mathematics)
- Arabic: حل (ar) (Hall) m
- Mandarin: 解答 (jiědá), 答案 (dáàn), 方法 (fāngfǎ)
- Czech: řešení (cs) n
- Dutch: oplossing (nl) f
- Esperanto: solvo (eo)
- Estonian: lahendus
- Finnish: ratkaisu (fi)
- French: solution (fr) f
- German: Lösung (de) f
- Greek: λύση (el) (lýsi) f
- Hebrew: פתרון (he) (pitron) m
- Hungarian: megoldás (hu)
- Icelandic: útkoma (is) f
- Ido: solvo
- Italian: soluzione (it) f
- Japanese: 解答 (ja) (かいとう, kaitō), 解決 (ja) (かいけつ, kaiketsu), 解法 (ja) (かいほう, kaihō)
- Kurdish: çare (ku) f, hel (ku) f, havil (ku) f, çareserî (ku) f
satisfaction of a claim or debt
From Latin solūtiōnem, accusative singular of solūtiō (“loosening, unfastening; solution, explanation”).
solution f (plural solutions)
- liquid mix
Derived terms