Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
solution (plural solutions)
- A homogeneous mixture, which may be liquid, gas or solid, formed by dissolving one or more substances.
- An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
- The answer to a problem.
- (marketing buzzword) A product, service or suite thereof.
- (law, UK, archaic, rare) Satisfaction of a claim or debt.
1681, Scotland. Court of Session, The decisions of the Court of Session, page 2927:
- he was not obliged to repeat what he had received, in solution of a just debt
1827, John Erskine, The Principles of the Law of Scotland, page 508:
- A disposition granted on a cessio bonorum is merely in farther security to the creditors, not in satisfaction or in solution of the debts.
1879, “Conflict of Law — Promissory notes governed by law of place where made and payable”, Albany Law Journal, volume 20:
- It is said that there is no violation of the law of this State in the simple act of paying money in solution of a promise to do so
An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
answer to a problem (mathematics)
satisfaction of a claim or debt
solution f (plural solutions)
- liquid mix