Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
delivery (plural deliveries)
- The act of conveying something.
- The delivery was completed by four.
- delivery of a nuclear missile to its target
- The item which has been conveyed.
- Your delivery is on the table.
- The act of giving birth
- The delivery was painful.
- (baseball) A pitching motion.
- His delivery has a catch in it.
- (baseball) A thrown pitch.
- Here is the delivery; ... strike three!
- The manner of speaking.
- The actor's delivery was flawless.
- 1919, W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence, chapter 55
- I shall not tell what Dr. Coutras related to me in his words, but in my own, for I cannot hope to give at second hand any impression of his vivacious delivery.
- 2012 June 3, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Mr. Plow” (season 4, episode 9; originally aired 11/19/1992)”:
- Half of the comedy in West’s self-deprecating appearance on “Mr. Plow” comes from the veteran actor’s purring, self-satisfied delivery as he tells a deeply unnerved Bart and Lisa of the newfangled, less groovy cinematic Batman
- (medicine) administration of a drug
- Drug delivery system.
- (cricket) A ball bowled.
- (curling) The process of throwing a stone.
act of conveying something
item which has been conveyed
act of giving birth
manner of speaking
delivery (not comparable)
- Related to delivery.
- The delivery room is just down the hall.
- The delivery man is here.
- What are your delivery conditions?