Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA: /əˈpɔːʃən/, X-SAMPA: /@"pO:S@n/
- (GenAm) IPA: /əˈpɔɹʃən/, X-SAMPA: /@"pOrS@n/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)ʃən
- (transitive) To divide and distribute portions of a whole.
- The controlling party had apportioned the voting districts such that their party would be favored in the next election.
- (transitive) Specifically, to do so in a fair and equitable manner; to allocate proportionally.
- The children were required to dump all of their Halloween candy on the table so that their parents could apportion it among them.
Derived terms 
to divide and distribute portions of a whole