Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Similar to a dog; canine.
- Similar to that of a dog; as, a doglike nose, doglike devotion.
- (rare) Befitting a dog; as, doglike treatment.
- Homer, The Odyssey, translated by Edward McCrorie in 2004:
- Nothing is more hateful and doglike than hunger: it tells then forces a man to remember its own needs, however worn the man is, the longing he suffers, the way my heart still mourns.
- In a doglike way.
- (rare) As one would act toward a dog; as, to treat someone doglike.