Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In an emphatic manner; with emphasis.
- He was indeed emphatically a popular writer.
- 2011 September 29, Jon Smith, “Tottenham 3 - 1 Shamrock Rovers”, BBC Sport:
- Dos Santos, who has often been on the fringes at Spurs since moving from Barcelona, whipped in a fantastic cross that Pavlyuchenko emphatically headed home for his first goal of the season.
- (obsolete) Not really, but apparently.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Thomas Browne to this entry?)
in an emphatic manner