Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: évadé
- Rhymes: -eɪd
- To get away from by artifice; to avoid by dexterity, subterfuge, address, or ingenuity; to elude; to escape from cleverly; as, to evade a blow, a pursuer, a punishment; to evade the force of an argument.
- The heathen had a method, more truly their own, of evading the Christian miracles. — Richard Chenevix Trench.
- To escape; to slip away; — sometimes with from.
- To attempt to escape; to practice artifice or sophistry, for the purpose of eluding.
- The ministers of God are not to evade and take refuge any of these ... ways. — Robert South.
avoid by dexterity, subterfuge, elude
escape or slip away
attempt to escape
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- third-person singular present indicative of evadere
- second-person singular present active imperative of ēvādō
- Informal second-person singular (tú) affirmative imperative form of evadir.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present indicative form of evadir.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of evadir.