Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Exonym
- A name given to a group or category of people by a secondary person or persons other than the people it refers to.
- Exonyms form a typical (but very useful) example of cultural chauvinism.
- A place name or a personal name used by foreigners instead of the native-language version used by its inhabitants, such as Moscow in English for the city called Moskva in Russian, or such as Charles in English for historical people called Karl or Carl in their Germanic languages.
a name given to a group or category of people or historical persons by a secondary person or persons other than the people it refers to
See also 
- category:Exonyms for a list
- ^ Exonyms and Endonyms at www.geocities.com/agihard/ILA-exonym-talk-text.doc page 3