Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (dated) An alloy that has expanded upon cooling
- sheet metal that has been slit and stretched at right angles to the slits to form a lattice; used for making screens etc and for reinforcing concrete.
an alloy that has expanded upon cooling
sheet metal slit and stretched to form a lattice
- 1848 Charles Vincent Walker - Electrotype Manipulation
- If the action is carried on at an elevated temperature, the adhesion is greater, because the contraction of the expanded metal binds the film more closely.
- 1999 Engineering Life-Cycle Cost Comparison Study of Barrier Fencing Systems
- . . . the infill is atlernately steel panels, reinforced concrete panels, and steel mesh (eg, chain link, expanded metal, and fine mesh).