Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
slit (plural slits)
- A narrow cut or opening; a slot.
- (vulgar, slang) The opening of the vagina.
- (vulgar, slang) A derogatory name for a woman, usually a sexually loose woman; a prostitute.
narrow cut or opening; a slot
vulgar, slang: opening of the vagina
vulgar, slang: a derogatory name for a woman, usually a sexually loose woman; a prostitute
- To cut a narrow opening.
- He slit the bag open and the rice began pouring out.
- To split in two parts.
- (transitive) To cut; to sever; to divide.
- And slits the thin-spun life.
split into two parts
From Old Norse *slit.
See also 
Declension of slit
- imperative of slita.