Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
explanation (plural explanations)
- The act or process of explaining
- The explanation was long and drawn-out.
- Something that explains, makes understandable
- An explanation for each UFO sighting was easily found.
- (euphemistic) An excuse, apologetic justification not based on enough evidence
Related terms 
the act or process of explaining
something that explains
euphemism for excuse
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked