Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
misspelling (plural misspellings)
- (countable) A misspelt word.
- “Accomodation” is a common misspelling of “accommodation”.
- 2005 September, John H. Jenkins, The Dao of Unihan, International & Text Group, Apple Computer, Inc.:
- My own Chinese name might conceivably be written in no fewer than four different ways in Unicode: 井作恆, 井作恒, 丼作恆, and 丼作恒. I would personally consider all but the first misspellings, just as I would the spelling of my English name as Jon Jenkins or John Jenkyns.
- (misspelt word): heterography
- Present participle of misspell.