Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ikˈstɜrmɪˌneɪt/
- (transitive) To kill all of a population, usually deliberate and especially applied to pests.
- We'll use poison to exterminate the rats.
- (figuratively) (transitive) To bring a definite end to, finish completely. A rather strong word that implies that what has been ended won't resurface.
- Even a mass birching at the public school failed to exterminate truancy
Derived terms 
Related terms 
to kill all of a population
to bring a definite end to, finish completely
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- second-person plural present active imperative of exterminō