Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also flambe
Alternative forms 
flambé (not comparable)
- Being, or having been, flambéed.
flambé (plural flambés)
- (cooking) A showy cooking technique where an alcoholic beverage, such as brandy, is added to hot food and then the fumes are ignited.
- The act of flambéing.
- A flambéed dish.
- To cook with a showy technique where an alcoholic beverage, such as brandy, is added to hot food and then the fumes are ignited.
- "Flambé the dessert", ordered the Chef, "but take the dish off the heat before adding the brandy or you'll burn your eyebrows off."
to add and ignite alcohol to food
- Past participle of flamber