Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: fool's cap
- (UK, US) IPA(key): /ˈfuːl.skæp/, /ˈfuːlz.kæp/
- (Canada) IPA(key): /ˈfʊl.skæp/, /ˈfoʊl.skæp/
- Rhymes: -æp
foolscap (plural foolscaps)
- Alternative form of fool's cap.
- (strictly) Writing paper sheets measuring 13.25 x 16.5 inches
- (more usually) Such a sheet folded or cut in half, thus approximately 8 x 13.25 inches.W
- Printing paper measuring 13.5 inches x 17 inches.
fool's cap — see fool's cap
writing paper sheets measuring 13.25 x 16.5 inches
such a sheet folded or cut in half, thus approximately 8 x 13.25 inches
printing paper measuring 13.5 inches x 17 inches
- "Foolscap" in Michael Quinion, Ballyhoo, Buckaroo, and Spuds, 2004.