Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A sheet material used for writing on or printing on (or as a non-waterproof container), usually made by draining cellulose fibres from a suspension in water.
- A newspaper or anything used as such (such as a newsletter or listing magazine).
- (uncountable) Wallpaper.
- (uncountable) Wrapping paper.
- A written document, generally shorter than a book (white paper, term paper), in particular one written for the Government.
- A written document that reports scientific or academic research and is usually subjected to peer review before publication in a scientific journal or in the proceedings of a scientific or academic meeting (such as a conference, a workshop or a symposium).
- A scholastic essay.
- (slang) money.
- (New Zealand) A university course.
material for writing on
newspaper — see newspaper
wallpaper — see wallpaper
wrapping paper — see wrapping paper
written document shorter than a book
paper (not comparable)
- Made of paper.
- paper bag
- paper plane
- paper tiger
- paper gangster
made of paper
- (transitive) To apply paper to.
- to paper the hallway walls
- (transitive) To document; to memorialize.
- After they reached an agreement, their staffs papered it up.
to apply paper to
to document — see document
paper m (plural papers)
- English: paper