Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A complex carbohydrate that forms the main constituent of the cell wall in most plants and is important in the manufacture of numerous products, such as paper, textiles, pharmaceuticals, and explosives.
- (organic chemistry) A polysaccharide containing many glucose units in parallel chains.
the polysaccharide cellulose
cellulose (not comparable)
- Consisting of, or containing, cells.
cellulose f (uncountable)
- “cellulose” in the Dictionnaire de l’Académie française, 8th Edition (1932–35).
- Feminine plural form of celluloso
- Plural form of cellulosa