Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA: /ˈdʒɛn.əʊ.taɪp/, X-SAMPA: /"dZEn.@U.taIp/
- (US) IPA: /ˈdʒiːn.oʊ.taɪp/, X-SAMPA: /"dZi:n.oU.taIp/
- (genetics) The combination of alleles, situated on corresponding chromosomes, that determines a specific trait of an individual, such as "Aa" or "aa".
- A group of organisms having the same genetic constitution.
combination of alleles determining a specific trait of an individual
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
to determine the genotype of
See also 
Inflection of genotype