Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic, transitive) To overcome
- I'm trying to get over my fear of flying.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To recover (from)
- I'm having problems getting over a bad cold.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To forget and move on
- She was in love with me for 10 years, and still hasn't got over the fact that the feeling wasn't mutual.
- (rugby) To score a try
2011 February 13, Lyle Jackson, “Ireland 22-25 France”, BBC:
- Ireland got their second try not long before half-time with O'Leary, an injury doubt all week with a stiff back, just about getting over for a try which was confirmed by the video referee.
recover — see recover