Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Goddess
- (UK) enPR: gŏd'ĕs, IPA(key): /ˈɡɒd.ɛs/
- (US) enPR: gäd'ǐs, IPA(key): /ˈɡɑd.ɪs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: god‧dess
goddess (plural goddesses)
- (religion) A female deity.
- (figuratively) A human female honored or adored as physically attractive or of superior charm and intelligence.
adored or idealized woman
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked