Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- which is passed on as inheritance, by last will or intestate
- (of a title, honor or right) legally granted to somebody's descendant after that person's death.
- Duke is a hereditary title which was created in Norman times.
- (of a person) holding a legally hereditary title or rank
- hereditary rulers
- (of a disease or trait) passed from a parent to offspring in the genes
- Haemophilia is hereditary in his family.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
which is passed on as inheritance
of a title, honor or right: granted to somebody's descendant after that person's death
of a person: holding a hereditary title or rank
of a disease or trait: passed in the genes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
hereditary (plural hereditaries)