Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The science of health, its promotion and preservation.
- Those conditions and practices that promote and preserve health.
- Hygiene is an important consideration in places where food is prepared.
- They have poor personal hygiene.
- (computing, slang, of a macro) The property of having an expansion that is guaranteed not to cause the accidental capture of identifiers.
conditions and practices that promote and preserve health
- hygiene in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- hygiene in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911