Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To cause to become pregnant.
- I was impregnated at a clinic but don't know who the sperm donor is.
- (transitive) To fertilize.
- (transitive) To saturate, or infuse.
- (transitive) To fill pores or spaces with a substance.
- It is recommended to impregnate new shoes before wearing them.
- (intransitive, dated) To become pregnant.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Addison to this entry?)
to cause to become pregnant
to saturate, to infuze
to fill pores or spaces with a substance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- second-person plural present tense of impregnare
- second-person plural imperative of impregnare
- feminine plural of impregnato, past participle of impregnare