- (obsolete) To cut; to separate and remove.
- (obsolete) To resolve or break up, as by medicines.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Arbuthnot to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- third-person singular present indicative of incidere
Form of the verb incidō (“[I] fall upon”).
- second-person singular present active imperative of incidō
- "fall thou upon"
Form of the verb incīdō (“[I] cut up; dissect; carve”).
- second-person singular present active imperative of incīdō
- "cut thou up, hew thou open; dissect thou"
- "make thou by cutting"
- "carve thou, engrave thou"
incide (infinitive incidir)