Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A term used when surprised or shocked, similar to "Jesus Christ!"
- Jumping Jesus! I just won $500.
- Used to show sarcasm pertaining to the level one actually cares or is serious about someone or something.
- "John’s been complaining all night about his girlfriend." "Well, Jumping Jesus! Let’s drop what we’re doing and help him out."
- Note: Jesus may be replaced with another noun, though this is uncommon. Some of the more usual ones encountered are Jehosaphat, Jews, Johnny, Jiminy Crickets, Jehovah's Witnesses and George Washington.