Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having the characteristics of a man.
- Having qualities befitting a man; courageous, resolute, noble.
- Let's briefly put on manly readiness.
- Serene and manly, hardened to sustain / The load of life.
- 2001, Thomas W. Smith, Revaluing Ethics: Aristotle's Dialectical Pedagogy (page 86)
- Without a successful defense of one's city, none of the other virtues would be possible; manly courage seems to be a precondition for anything else worth achieving in life.
having the characteristics of a man