Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- monolog (US, noun)
monologue (plural monologues)
- (drama) A type of art that consist of soliloquy, a long speech by one person.
- (comedy) A long series of comic stories and jokes as an entertainment.
- A long, uninterrupted utterance that monopolizes a conversation.
- (drama): soliloquy
- (a monopolizing utterance): dialogue
drama: long speech by one person
comedy: long series of stories and jokes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To deliver a monologue.
monologue m (plural monologues)