Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒtɪk
neurotic (not comparable)
- Affected with a neurosis.
- (informal) Overly anxious.
- He is getting neurotic about time-keeping.
1907, Robert Chambers, chapter 6, The Younger Set:
- “I don't mean all of your friends—only a small proportion—which, however, connects your circle with that deadly, idle, brainless bunch—the insolent chatterers at the opera, […] the speed-mad fugitives from the furies of ennui, the neurotic victims of mental cirrhosis, […]!”
- (medicine) Useful in disorders of, or affecting, the nerves.
neurotic (plural neurotics)
- A person who has a neurosis
person who has a neurosis
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked