Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (cricket) To score runs by gently nudging the ball into vacant areas of the field.
- (conversation) To gently waffle or muse on a subject which one clearly knows little about.
nurdle (plural nurdles)
- (cricket) Such a shot
- A cylindrical shaped pre-production plastic pellet used in manufacturing and packaging.
- A blob of toothpaste shaped like a wave, often depicted on toothpaste packaging.
- ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6668549.stm 1349: "Collingwood picks up the first run after lunch with a nurdle to wide mid-on."
- ^ http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/nurdle/
- ^ http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/07/29/colgate-glaxosmithkline-set-to-battle-over-toothpaste-nurdle/ Wall Street Journal, July 29, 2010, "Colgate, GlaxoSmithKline, Set to Battle Over Toothpaste ‘Nurdle’"