Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
occultation (plural occultations)
- (astronomy) An astronomical event that occurs when one celestial object is hidden by another celestial object that passes between it and the observer when the nearer object appears larger and completely hides the more distant object
- The state of being occult.
- the reappearance of such an author after those long periods of occultation
- (Shia Islam) Of the state of an imam that has been hidden by Allah.
- The example of the Imam in occultation is like the sun behind the clouds. You may not see it, but it continues to sustain and aid you.