Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, astronomy) To cover or hide from view.
- The earth occults the moon during a lunar eclipse.
- (transitive, rare) To dissimulate, conceal, or obfuscate.
- (medicine) Secret; hidden from general knowledge; undetected
- occult blood loss; occult cancer
- I. Taylor
- It is of an occult kind, and is so insensible in its advances as to escape observation.
- Related to the occult; pertaining to mysticism, magic, or astrology.
- (usually with the) Supernatural affairs.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.