Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
outcome (plural outcomes)
- Information, event, object or state of being produced as a result or consequence of a plan, process, accident, effort or other similar action or occurrence.
- A quality automobile is the outcome of the work of skilled engineers and thousands of workers.
- A positive result or consequence.
- (probability theory) The result of a random trial. An element of a sample space.
- Three is a possible outcome of tossing a six-sided die.
- (education) The results or evidence of students' learning experience. Often used in place of desired outcomes.
- The outcomes of this course are outlined in your syllabus.
- This term needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
2011 November 12, “International friendly: England 1-0 Spain”, BBC Sport:
- Spain failed to move through the gears despite exerting control for lengthy spells and a measure of perspective must be applied immediately to the outcome.