Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Put into a package.
- packed lunch
- Filled with a large number or large quantity of something.
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 7, The Mirror and the Lamp:
- […] St. Bede's at this period of its history was perhaps the poorest and most miserable parish in the East End of London. Close-packed, crushed by the buttressed height of the railway viaduct, rendered airless by huge walls of factories, it at once banished lively interest from a stranger's mind and left only a dull oppression of the spirit.
- packed with goodness
- (colloquial) Filled to capacity with people.
- The bus was packed and I couldn't get on.
filled with a large number or large quantity
filled to capacity