Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin persōnātus
- (transitive) to fraudulently portray another person; to impersonate
- (transitive) to portray a character (as in a play); to act
- (transitive) to attribute personal characteristics to something; to personify
Related terms 
- (botany) Having the throat of a bilabiate corolla nearly closed by a projection of the base of the lower lip; masked, as in the flower of the snapdragon.
- first-person plural present active imperative of personō