Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make something harmful, especially by the addition of some unwanted product.
- The factory polluted the river when it cleaned its tanks.
- (transitive) To make something or somewhere less suitable for some activity, especially by the introduction of some unnatural factor.
- The lights from the stadium polluted the night sky, and we couldn't see the stars.
- (dated) To corrupt or profane
Derived terms 
to make something harmful
to make something or somewhere less suitable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (rare) Polluted.
- vocative masculine singular of pollūtus