Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: postdaté
- (transitive) To occur after an event or time; to exist later on in time
- (transitive) To assign an effective date to a document or action later than the actual date
- to postdate a contract, that is, to date it later than the time when it was in fact made
- (transitive) To affix a date to after the event.
(both senses): predate
To occur after an event or time; to exist later on in time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
postdate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) postdated; made or done after the date assigned.
- Of these [predictions] some were postdate, cunningly made after the thing came to pass.