Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
posthumous (not comparable)
- (originally ) Born after the death of one's father.
- Posthumous orphans never even knew their fathers.
- After the death of someone
- The posthumous Medal of Honor was given to the family of the soldier who died in battle.
- Taking place after one's own death
- Artists obscure during their life often receive posthumous recognition, too late for them to enjoy.
- In reference to a work, published after the author's death.
- His memoirs were his posthumous revenge on enemies he dared not take on alive.
born after one's father's death
taking place after one's death
in reference to a work, published after the author's death
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Telugu: మరణానంతరం (maraNAnaMtaraM)