Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed
- The shelves were lined with pottery of all shapes and sizes.
- (countable) A potter's shop or workshop, where pottery is made
- I visited the old potteries and saw the pots being made.
- The potter's craft or art: making vessels from clay
- Bernard Leach was skilled at pottery.
fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed
workshop where pottery is made
practise or craft of making pottery
Translations to be checked
pottery (not comparable)
- Having to do with pottery.
2006, Edwin Black, chapter 2, Internal Combustion:
- But through the oligopoly, charcoal fuel proliferated throughout London's trades and industries. By the 1200s, brewers and bakers, tilemakers, glassblowers, pottery producers, and a range of other craftsmen all became hour-to-hour consumers of charcoal.