Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- prædict (archaic)
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) To state, or make something known in advance, especially using inference or special knowledge.
- to predict misfortune; to predict the return of a comet
- How did Nostradamus predict that this would happen?
- (transitive) To believe or hold to be true in advance; forehold; surmise.
- How could I ever predict this could happen?
- (intransitive) To foretell, foresee or prophesy.
to state, or make something known in advance
to foretell or prophesy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
predict (plural predicts)
- “predict” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).
- Past participle of