Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To defeat forcibly.
- The army quashed the rebellion.
- Contrition is apt to quash or allay all worldly grief.
- To crush or dash to pieces.
- The whales / Against sharp rocks, like reeling vessels, quashed, / Though huge as mountains, are in pieces dashed.
- (law) To void or suppress (a subpoena, decision, etc.).
to defeat forcibly
to void or suppress (a subpoena, decision)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked