Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- With speed; in a rapid manner.
- She packed her case rapidly and hurried out.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, The Celebrity:
- We expressed our readiness, and in ten minutes were in the station wagon, rolling rapidly down the long drive, for it was then after nine. We passed on the way the van of the guests from Asquith.
- 2013 July 20, “The attack of the MOOCs”, The Economist, volume 408, number 8845:
- Since the launch early last year of […] two Silicon Valley start-ups offering free education through MOOCs, massive open online courses, the ivory towers of academia have been shaken to their foundations. University brands built in some cases over centuries have been forced to contemplate the possibility that information technology will rapidly make their existing business model obsolete.