Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (video games) An instance of using a save state while recording a tool-assisted speedrun.
- Gavin Ward's tool-assisted speedrun of Sonic 3 & Knuckles has no fewer than 160,027 re-records.
- To record again.
- (video games) The act of using a save state while recording a tool-assisted speedrun.
- When making a tool-assisted speedrun, re-recording is inevitable if you want to attain a good time.
See also 
- NESVideos contributors (2006), "Glossary", NESVideos. URL accessed on October 16, 2005.