Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈspiːdɹʌn/
speedrun (plural speedruns)
- (video games) A play-through of a computer or video game in which the whole game or a select part of it, such as a single level, is played with the intent of completing it as quickly as possible, optionally with certain prerequisites.
- To create a speedrun.
Alternative forms 
See also 
- Speed Demos Archive contributors, "Frequently Asked Questions", Speed Demos Archive. URL accessed on May 20, 2006.
- Turner, B. (2005), "Smashing the Clock", 1UP.com. URL accessed on August 13, 2005.
- Choudhury, R. (2004), "Beating them at their own game", Gamingredients. URL accessed on October 2, 2004.
- Pflug, N. (2004), "History of Quake speed-running", Speed Demos Archive. URL accessed on October 16, 2005.
- Merrill, D. (2003), "A Brief DOOM Demo History", Doomworld. URL accessed on October 16, 2005.
- Mills, A. (2005), "Metroid Sequence Breaking", Samus.co.uk. URL accessed on December 21, 2004.
- NESVideos contributors (2006), "Glossary", NESVideos. URL accessed on October 16, 2005.
- Totilo, S. (2006), "Gamers Divided Over Freakish Feats Achieved With Tool-Assisted Speed Runs", MTV News. URL accessed on April 29, 2006.
- Totilo, S. (2005), "For Some Gamers, Merely Finishing A Game Isn't Enough", MTV News. URL accessed on April 29, 2006.